Monday, December 26, 2016

Just Pottering Around in Orlando

So I'm here in Orlando Florida for a few days. Met Michael, his Meredith and the gals - Piper and Gabbi here on Saturday. Went to Universal Studios Theme Park on Sunday.  Took today "off."  Here's some photos of our adventures so far:

Mikey and I went to Dunkin' Donuts early Sunday morning.  He found other stuff to do besides sip coffee. . . .



Later same morning, we are getting ready to have breakfast back at the resort with the gals:

After which we went to Universal:

I "stole" the coffee cup from a friend. It has been named "Cylindrical Stanley" by me. I will photo it at various places I visit on this trip.

Nearing the entrance to Universal:

Charlie and Teddy would have enjoyed this. . . .

Who's the cat in THAT hat?

This one has a little car. This one has a little star. SAY! What a lot of fish there ARE!

Unless.  The Lorax in the Dr. Seuss area got all decked out for Christmas Day.

Entering the Harry Potter area:

My castle in Scotland:

A street-show:


 Cylindrical Stanley and I made it to LONDON.  Harry Potter's version of it, that is. . . .

Quite crowded. On Christmas Day. . . .


Across "The Pond" from "London" stood Krustyland, a part of The Simpsons. I just HAD to go on THAT ride. It was the highlight of my day.  Couldn't stop laughing. Even standing in the 50 minute long LINE to get on the ride. They entertained us waiting saps with "Best of The Simpsons" film clips while we waited. Best waiting line I have EVER been in.

 Fire breathing dragon in Harry Potter "land". . . .

It was a hot time in the old town.  Took today ("Boxing Day") off. Went to a timeshare sales presentation at the resort where we are staying and was able to stonewall and get out within just about an hour. Already owning ONE I know about the high-pressure sales pitch and was able to get out of it "gracefully" IMHO, by telling the salesguy that I have a certain medical condition that renders my butt useless after too much time sitting (and listening to circuitous explanations about options, points, blah, blah, blah). He was a nice enough fellow.  He understood my point of view and didn't push the matter TOO far.

To be continued (hopefully). . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment