Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah. . . . Here We Are at Camp Wallowa:



Camp was very entertaining
and they say we had  fun since it wasn't raining. . . .

We went railriding with Chuck & Teddy
But took some time to get us ready. . . .














I went hiking with Joe Spivey
He developed poison ivy






You remember Leonard Skinner
He got Ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner


Poor, poor Leonard. If only he hadn't been such a glutton he'd still be with us. . . .



You remember cousin Desmond
He caught lotsa fish - nearly a dozen.



And Charlie caught at least a half of one too!



All the folks here hate the kiddies
and this restaurant has old biddies. . . .

 


All the counselors hate the waiters


And the lake has alligators. . .


  




 

And the head coach wants no sissies
So he reads to us from something called Ulysses.
     (Actually, BaBa was reading this)

(And makes us fight. . . Just like a lot of people in that book)


Now I don't want this should scare ya
But my bunkmate has malaria






You remember Auntie Jacqui


They're about to organize a searching party.


Then there's Desmond,

Oh where is he?
He thought by hiding he'd be going to the city. . . .

Take me home, oh muddah fadduh, take me home, I hate Wallowa



 




Don't leave me out in the forest. . . 




where I might get eaten by a bear.
 (Happy Birthday on June 17th to Teddy, devouring his Birthday Pie made by Aunt Jacqui!)

Take me home, I promise I will
Not make noise, or mess the house with
Other boys, 



Oh please don't make me stay
I've been here one whole day









Dearest fadduh, darling muddah,
How's my precious little bruddah?














 Let me come home if ya miss me


I will even let Dadda hug and kiss me.


Wait a minute, it stopped hailing,


Guys are swimming, guys are sailing,








Playing in splash-parks, gee that's better,


 Muddah Fadduh kindly disregard this letter!


 Ta-daaaaa!



Above pic was taken by this guy in next panorama shot, (and I in return photoed him and his wife and daughters), when I went back up the Tramway and "solo hiked" around top of Mt. Howard on Friday.




The donut stop, on way home, in LaPine Oregon. . . .



Plenty more pix, but I'll blog them later. . . . 














No comments:

Post a Comment