Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Day at Contra Loma Lake & A Day in Dublin

I gave an assist to my son and his cohorts at an event at East Bay's Contra Loma Park yesterday.  Volunteered to help as a docent.  By 10:30 in the morning, tho, the event had to be closed.  The rain came down in torrents.  Anyway, here's some pix of my son the Naturalist at his job:




Amy, the Park's Director, told us what to expect. . . .


600 Middle-School kids, only 150 of which could fit under the tent at a time (on a very rainy morning). . . .

Jimbo explains it all. . . .



And THEN, TODAY, I went to Dublin - a little town down the freeway a bit from my Martinez - to march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade there with my fellow Volunteer Trail Safety Patrollers.
A motley crew indeed!

I got into some "unofficial" togs. . . .
And made myself IRISH from TOP. . .


To BOTTOM. . . .    (Can you tell I favor the Dublin Irish over the Belfast Irish?)


Reps from our Horse Patrol, Bike Patrol,  and K-9 Patrol were there, too, besides us regular
"foot soldiers."  One of the gals brought her pet goat, too.  We are a diverse lot, aren't we?

 Isn't Blarney just another word for Horseshit?

And there was more than enough to go around for EVERYBODY.  This cute Colleen took the tough job on for the Ladies' Auxiliary Sheriff's Posse. . . .

. . .which we were directly BEHIND.  And we didn't march TOO closely to. . .

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment