Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Next Big Thing

Started the latest project - painting the front of the house - earlier this week. 
So far, I've only been able to powerwash it and start the chipping and scraping of the old peeling, blistered paint.  We've had a few rainy days this week.  Today is another one and tomorrow is predicted to be another one again.  So Monday will be the next day I can get outdoors and work on it some more.

I've already bought the paint.  It'll be roughly the same color again. . . .  I figure it'll cover better that way.  Don't know if I'll paint the other sides of the house as well, but I started a small bit of powerwashing on the garage-side side of the house and it made a big improvement.  If I can get by with only powerwashing the sides and not painting them, it'd be great.  Gotta see what it looks like after fully being powerwashed and will then decide if I'll paint the sides as well.

I'm going to the Fire Island Lighthouse tomorrow - for my volunteer job - anyway.  They're having a car show there, which I hope will  not be rained out.  I want to take an 'extended lunch hour' to go see the show, and maybe take some photos to post here.

Here's the progress on the home project so far:

The "Before" photo.  You can't see it in this photo because the photo was taken from so far away, but there's a lot of blistering & peeling paint on the 'kitchen-windows-side' of the house, including on the shutters there.


 
 The garage side, after taking down the light fixture and flagpole.  Won't be necessary to chip and scrape old paint on this side since there's no peeling or blistering on this side.


Kitchen side, after removing mailbox, light fixture and shutters and having started the chipping and scraping.  Still need to chip and scrape the areas to the right of the windows, & above & below the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment