Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Whirlwind Trip South from Orlando. . . .

So I headed south from Orlando last Wednesday.  Stopped in Delray Beach on the way to have Lunner (combo Lunch and Dinner at 3:30pm) with my former (now retired) boss, Karen Treder.  I had a couple of Cuba Libres and she a couple Margaritas after the meal and we caught up on what's been happening in our lives over the last 4 years, since we last met.


A really nice gal, and one of the best bosses I have ever had!

Made it to Pompano Beach by about 6:30 or 7pm and stopped by friend Jane Claud's for dinner before checking in at the Budget Inn downtown.

Next day Jane & I went to a local Historic home where they were having an exhibition by a local quilters' guild:




The quilts were very impressive. . . .





Amazingly, they even put this "toilet bowl" as a design on one!  Just kidding.  (I'd just been to the Guggenheim Museum in September, and I really do like its architecture, so I was really impressed...)






One more nice thing on display there was a huge dollhouse. Custom built, but UNLIKE the one I'd built for my daughter Beth some years ago, a wee tad BIGGER:


On the way back to Jane's, I took a snapshot of one of her neighbors' places.  The Goodyear Blimp's hangar, just a few blocks away.  The newest version of it was only introduced last year and is quite a bit bigger than the earlier one.  They had to expand the hangar a lot to make her fit.  She wasn't outside today. . . .  maybe "indoors" or on an assignment?

And so concluded my trip to the Sunshine State.  I returned to the Golden State refreshed and raring to go!  (Actually, I was in need of a "vacation from my vacation". . . .)

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment