Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Another Day in NYC - This Time to See the Michaelangelo Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

We - Beth, Greg and I only, this time - went back to the city on Saturday to see the Michaelangelo exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. . .



Amazing. . . .  Much of it was sketches of his plans for paintings. Some of it was his plans for sculptures and there were even a few actual sculptures. . .

Now WHERE have you seen that hand BEFORE?

Oh, yes. . . .

More sketches. There were over 300.  I took photos of only an infinitesimal fraction of them. Here's only a few of the ones I _took_:


I learned that Michaelangelo wasn't the guy who did the LAYOUT for the Sistine Chapel's ceiling. . .


Ummm. . .  The shadowy figure is _me_.  My selfie didn't come out too well. God punished me for being so obnoxious as to get in the way of one of His favorite works. . .
.
I thought this was interesting. The biggest of the sketches in the exhibit:


A parting photo of the place. We sat on the steps for awhile to get over our amazement and to wait for our cab ride back to Penn Station. We were highly entertained by a street musician when he - on his sax - played "If You're Happy and You Know It". . . .  He gathered up about 20 or so folks like us on the steps who stood, clapped our hands, stomped our feet, and shouted Hooray! His encore performance was to slowly play Brahm's Lullaby as a dad brought his toddler daughter - in her stroller - up to watch.  The fun never ends in NYC.
To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment