Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Tuesday, November 28th. . . The Today Show. . . I was there. And saw Matt Lauer in his last appearance there.

So on Tuesday morning I was up at 3:30am to hop aboard a Long Island Railroad train, along with plenty of policemen, firemen, and building maintenance people who commute daily at that ungodly hour...  But _I_ was on my way to join the crowd outside The Today Show studio in Rockefeller Center.

Little did I know that it would turn out to be Matt Lauer's last day on that show. HE knew it. NBC had given him his "walking papers" on Monday, according to the news reports that came out on Wednesday morning (Hey! Wednesday was _today_!).  But his co-stars Hoda, Savannah, and Al supposedly didn't know anything about it until minutes before today's show began.

So the looks on Matt's face in these photos might seem to show that he knew what the rest of the world didn't yet know.  Maybe?

Here's just the photos.  No explanation of who's in them is needed, I'd think. . .



I shouted out to her:  "Hey CHICO! Look where MY sign says I'M from!"
And she shouted back "Yayyyy! Another Californian! From ALAMEDA, eh?"
Not everyone else in the crowd was amused by our shout-outs, I guess. . . .







I went to The Meghyn Kelly show after this. It was "meh". . .  Enjoyable to see how these shows are 'put together' but I got antsy and wanted to get out of the studio long before it was over. I wasn't captivated.  I was a captive, tho. . . .  and even when the show was over and we were all led out of the studio single-file, row by row (in same manner as some churches get their parishioners to come up for communion, I thought) we were led out of the building via the Gift Shop. What a racket!

Today I got a haircut and beard trim at Pat's Barber Shop in Hicksville, my old barber place, then visited some old friends and co-workers at my old Civil Service job. The particular civil service agency of which I speak doesn't allow photos to be taken on the premises. Pat, at the barber shop didn't mind if I took _his_ photo tho. He's the Boss there, and has been for about 40 years now, but he still trims hair just like all the other guys. . .


Just one more posting about this trip.
Continued. . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment