Friday, December 7, 2012

Yeee-Haw!

Had fun this afternoon. Had a small picnic and then went horseback riding on the beach up near Ft. Pierce.  A first time experience for me (not counting all those pony rides I took back in the single-digits years of my youth).  Winston, Maureen and Jane all have ridden before and gave me some encouragement.  I only had the horse "bolt" two or three times. . . .  and only on the first time was it necessary for Ashley to holler at me "Use the reins, Bob!"  I learned from that.



Riderrrrrrrrs UP!
Maureen. . .



Jane. . .



Winston. . .


No photo of me getting aboard (with just a small bit of difficulty).  But I did tell Ashley that I didn't want any horse if its name was "Bucky."  She said not to worry, she had picked out "Widowmaker", (or was it "Hurricane"?) for me.

Actually, mine was "Mojo" and the others were "Diamond," "OJ," and "Molly."  I kept falling behind. . . .  Here's Jane, waiting for me to catch up:

But falling wayyyyyyy behind. . . 

Cowboy Bob, after learning you have to kick the horse to get it move. . .

Calamity Jane.  Her horse liked going into the waves more than any of the others (note the soaking wet left leg of the horse-rider).

Jane kept telling me my posture was all wrong. . .

"Okay, Bob, you're keeping up a bit better now."

The posse: Winston, Jane, Me and Maureen:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment